Assists in repairing accident related damage to vehicles, restoring them to pre-collision condition. Bates Collision Centers Technician Apprentices are essential to the repair process and must be able to perform quality repairs in a timely matter, always keeping the customers satisfaction in mind.
- Assist lead body technician in examination of vehicle.
- Works and communicates with others on vehicle repair status;
- Performs quality repairs; while keeping in mind on-time status;
- Assists in decisions on repair vs. replace considering safety, cost and cycle time;
- Participates in all required safety meetings;
- 1 year experience in body repair preferred;
- Knowledge of repair principles, techniques, and procedures;
- I-CAR certifications preferred;*certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire date-company arranges and pays for all training/certifications
- Must be able to pass thorough background check;
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee is required to read and interpret and follow processes and procedures. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open shop environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
The collision industry is continually changing, that is why we provide training to qualifying positions at no cost to you, in addition to, competitive compensation and benefits.
Auto-body repair is a rewarding career, but it can be a challenging field to find your starting place. That’s why Bates Collision Centers has developed an exhaustive apprenticeship program that, along with, your hard work and dedication will prepare you for a rewarding career at Bates Collision Centers.
3219 N. Main, Baytown, TX
15532 I-10 East, Channelview, TX
Bates Collision Centers
Founded in 1990, Bates Collision Centers is a strong/stable company that has been a leader in the collision repair industry and has grown steadily and strategically year after year. We believe our mission applies not only our customers but to our teammates:
Our Promise-To treat your family like our family.
Providing peace of mind that honesty, safety & compassion drives every decision we make.
This promise is what keeps us attracting the best talent, creating a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be, motivated and empowered to deliver superior repairs with outstanding customer service.
Bates Collision Centers currently operates two quality-focused, high volume automotive collision repair centers located in Baytown & Channelview, Texas. As our growth continues, Bates is always looking for the top talent in all areas of our business including repair & refinish technicians, detailers, estimators & managers as well as customer service professionals to join our team. Bates customers & teammates enjoy state-of-the-art repair centers, clean and safe facilities, friendly and professional teammates, as well as an outstanding repair quality...our dedication to deliver this daily is what sets us apart in our industry.
Bates Collision Centers offers competitive wages and excellent benefits for all eligible teammates. In addition, Bates Collision Centers will provide teammates with training opportunities designed to enhance their skills and productivity at no cost to our teammates. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401 (k) retirement savings program with 100% company matching
- Training, certification and mentor programs paid for by the company
- Company provided uniforms for most positions
- Paycheck Direct Deposit
- Transfer opportunities between locations
- Credit Union Services
- Safe, clean, and professional work environment
- Fun company sponsored employee and family events (work together/play together)
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines.
Company Website: www.BatesCC.Com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)